giovedì 14 febbraio 2013

Sport Corruption!


Most of the world enjoys practicing and watching sports, for this reason I would like to give a brief introduction to the increasing problem of corruption.

Since sports involve many money, there is corruption. But today this problem is evolving as it is the second most corrupted sector in the world. Soccer, rugby, cricket, tennis, football, baseball...any sports involve some corruption.
Some of the various way to be unfair are:
  • pay players and referies to to fix games
  • kickbacks for player's transfer demanded by club owners
  • betting crimes
  • use of doping drugs
Some researches have said that only by gambling and illegal betting people have reached hundreds of millions of euros. It is now a serious fact because the reputations of sports professionals and associations are becoming worst, plus it is become a worldwide threat involving money used for illegal things.
Some solutions to stop or decrease sport corruption are: 
  • openness in policies and decisions
  • government help for sports association
  • big amount of money to pay if cought
  • control bids 
With the strength of our love for sports and the government's help it will be possible to end corruption in sports. 


Resources:
1)http://www.transparency.org/topic/detail/sport
2)http://www.transparency.org.uk/our-work/corruption-in-the-uk/sport
3)http://www.interpol.int/Crime-areas/Corruption/Integrity-in-Sport




1 commento:

  1. I love sports, especially soccer. I know it has one of biggest dirty corruption.
    When I knew any this problem of soccer, I actually disappointed totally soccer and association.
    I loved playing and watching game though, but now I have difficulty watching soccer match with simply mind.
    This is very dirty problem. I hate it at all.
    I think, it can't completely solved and can't get rid of corruption.
    We can not see all of players and bids minds, of course.
    In my opinion, for decrease sports corruption, the crime should be more serious.
    I hope that sport corruption ease step by step as much as possible.

    RispondiElimina